Your Destination for TMJ Solutions
The symptoms of TMJ disorder are uncomfortable and can make your day-to-day living more difficult. We want to help you live a life free from jaw pain.
Your dentist can assess the function of your jaw to determine a treatment method that works for you. Don’t hesitate, schedule an appointment and talk with our team about the discomfort you’re experiencing.Book Appointment
Causes of TMJ Disorder
TMJ stands for temporomandibular joint. It’s the joint that connects your jawbone to your skull and allows your mouth to open and close. If this joint is causing you mild or severe pain, you may be experiencing the symptoms of a TMJ disorder (TMD).
Causes of TMD include:
- Arthritis affecting the jaw joint
- Injury to your jaw
- Irregular bite
- Teeth grinding
- Clenching your jaw muscles
Symptoms of TMJ Disorder
If you’re experiencing any of the following symptoms, please contact us to schedule an appointment. Our team can recommend treatment options to alleviate your pain and discomfort.
Common sign and symptoms of TMD include:
- Tender jaw muscles
- Aches in your jaw joint
- Discomfort when chewing food
- Struggling to open and close your mouth
- Headaches or neck pain
- Clicking or popping sounds when using your jaw
Treatment for TMJ Disorder
In order to recommend a proper treatment, we may take X-rays to get a better view of your jaw joint and your bite alignment. Your dentist can also do a physical examination of your teeth, mouth, and jaw.
Treatments that can improve the symptoms of TMD include:
- Relaxation techniques to become aware of clenching and grinding
- Stretching exercises
- Hot or cold compresses to ease tense muscles
- Orthodontics to align your bite
- Medication to reduce pain or inflammation
- Wearing a night guard while sleeping to help relax the jaw joint
Quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo.
- 123 Street SE
- City, Province / State Postal
- Monday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Tuesday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Wednesday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Thursday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Friday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed